The Jean Genie – A Tribute To David Bowie
Date: Saturday 25th November 2023
Tickets: £12 Per Person
Online Sales: Limited Stock
Bar Sales: Limited Stock
Days Until Show
Jean Genie was created by John Mainwaring and John Ford in 1993. An original recording artist in his own right, John Mainwaring has been signed by numerous record companies throughout his career – twice with Warner Bros. In the 1980s David Bowie’s world famous producer Tony Visconti produced some of John’s songs when he was signed to WEA.
John has worked with many household names such as with Jarvis Cocker on his ‘Bad Cover Version’ single, singing and starring in the video. More recently John co-wrote and recorded all the music for Beverley Callard’s work-out fitness DVD entitled ‘Lasting Results’; she is better known as Liz McDonald in Coronation Street. As well as performing as David Bowie in Jean Genie, John is currently signed to Bucks Music Publishers. His latest achievements have been writing 3 songs for Tony Christie’s million selling album ‘The Definitive Collection’, plus numerous theme tunes for BBC radio.
In the late 1990s John was approached by David Bowie’s most famous band of the 1970s, ‘The Spiders from Mars’ and was asked by them if he’d front the band and tour with them. Obviously John’s answer was ‘Yes’ and John remains to this day to be one of only a few tribute artists to tour and perform with an original artist’s band. John also played harmonica and sang backing vocals with Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott on the Spiders From Mars Cybernauts album.
John owes a lot of his experience of working in theatres and opera houses to Mike Southon, aka Mike Fab Gere. They both met on the Big Breakfast TV show in the early 90s and later teamed up together when Mike asked if John would like to tour in Mike’s very own rock musical Freak Out. More recently John and Mike found themselves performing again on stage in Moscow in Russia.
Terms and Conditions
- If you wish to attend this event with a party of 10 or more we can reserve your tables so you may sit together.
- This is a seated event and seats will only be Reserved until 8.15pm, your seats will be released to other customers after this time
- We do not guarantee where your seat will be but we do try and sit all groups together where it is possible
- Please do not email or call asking for a seat/table in a specific area, we will arrange your places as to the best of our ability.
- If you buy tickets individually, but are part of a group please contact us to inform us who is in your group so that we can try and sit you together although this is not guaranteed
- Tickets are not refundable or transferable
- Dress to impress, no shorts or vests
- Guests must be over 18 years of age and ID may be requested (no under 18’s)unless otherwise stated on our event listing
- Only alcohol purchased on the premises is allowed to be consumed in the club.
- Coppenhall Club reserves the right to search guests on arrival and if any Alcohol or Drugs are found admission to the club may be refused
- Coppenhall Club reserves the right to refuse admission
- Coppenhall Club reserves the right to change the advertised line up either through events under or outside of its control
- Coppenhall Club reserves the right to cancel the event either through events under or outside of its control.
- You will be emailed and refunded in full if this should occur and Coppenhall Club will not be liable